This ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine practice was based on regulating internal systems to benefit facial complexion and appearance, combat aging and enhance vitality.
Facial acupuncture is an effective practice for those seeking a natural way to enhance their appearance and overall internal and external health.
WHAT Can It Do For You?
- · Helps eliminate & reduce under eye bags, facial swelling and discolourations.
- · Improves muscle tone, circulation & colour of the face.
- · Helps lift drooping eyelids, eyebrows, sagging cheeks and jowls.
- · Helps diminish fine lines & the appearance of large wrinkles.
WHAT Age Is Best To Start Treatment?
Most people that enjoy the benefits of FRA are in their 40s to 60s, however, there is no age for optimizing the appearance of your skin. Anyone that is looking to improve skin colour and texture, decrease the appearance of wrinkles, lift sagging skin or age gracefully would benefit from FRA treatments.
If you’re looking for a quick fix, this is not it. FRA works with your body to bring health and beauty to your skin and face. Although changes can be seen and felt even after the initial treatment, anywhere from 8-12 weekly treatments are needed to bring more lasting changes to your skin and overall health.
WHERE Are Needles Inserted?
Fine sterile single-use disposable acupuncture needles are inserted into points throughout meridians on the face and body. Points are chosen specifically based on each patients’ constitution and overall health. A typical treatment will include anywhere from 40 – 70 needles per treatment placed in the feet, legs, abdomen, arms, hands, ears, face and scalp. Specific intradermal needles are inserted along wrinkles on the face.
WHO Can FRA Help?
- · Face or under eye swelling
- · Drooping of the skin: jowls, cheeks, brows
- · Dull, lustreless complexion
- · Facial discolouration: age spots, rosacea
WHEN Is FRA Not Advisable?
If you have any of the following, talk to Dr. Skorka to determine if you are a good candidate:
- · Bruise/bleed easily
- · Pituitary tumours
- · High blood pressure
- · Migraines
- · Diabetes
- · Cancer, AIDS, acute hepatitis and/or coronary disease
- · Seizures and epilepsy
- · Cosmetic surgery in the last 6months
Under the following conditions FRA is not advised:
- · Pregnancy
- · Burned skin
- · Acute infection, including herpes outbreak
- · Acute allergic reactions
WHY Get FRA?
To rejuvenate your life, age gracefully, feel better and address issues with your skin. Everything from swelling, discolouration, drooping to wrinkles. Self care is an expression of self love, and an important part of looking and feeling your best. Facial rejuvenation acupuncture provides an avenue for you to nurture your body, mind and spirit.
Cost of Treatments:
- Assessment 20 min: Evaluation (to assess candidate) and introductory treatment
- Initial treatment 90min: Includes an assessment of overall health, face & first acupuncture treatment.
- Treatments after initial (8-12 treatments, dependent on health & concerns) 75 mins:
- Face, neck & shoulder massage/ lymphatic drainage. Acupuncture (40-70 needles: body, face & ears)
- Foods, supplements, facial care will be discussed to enhance what is done during appointments.
Assessment 20 min
Free of charge
Initial Treatment 90min
Subsequent treatments: 75min
Naturopathic Foundations Health Clinic is excited to offer Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture (FRA) to its current and new patients. Dr. Beata Skorka, ND is certified in Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture.
If you are unsure of whether you should receive FRA, please contact Naturopathic Foundations Health Clinic to book a free 20min assessment (905) 940-2727 or email Dr. Beata Skorka, ND at firstname.lastname@example.org.