Avoid full body sun exposure between 11 a.m. and at least till 3 p.m. Make sure you apply the oil every 30-60 min as needed. Always have with you a spray bottle containing aloe vera gel (you can add rose water to it) to cool off the skin after sun exposure.
- ½ cup almond oil
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp red raspberry seed oil*
- essential oils - use 30 drops of each lavender, geranium and frankincense (if allergic use either/or, or none).
Never use citrus base essential oil
- 2 TBSP non-nano zinc oxide (optional)
- Combine the oils (not the essential oils) except zinc oxide in a pint-sized or larger glass jar.
- Fill a medium saucepan with a couple inches of hot water and place the jar in it.
- Stir in the zinc oxide (optional).
- Leave for 5 min.
- Add the essential oils.
- Shake or stir the jar to mix the ingredients. Place liquid in a spray bottle.
- Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator to increase shelf life.
- This sunscreen is not waterproof and will need to be reapplied after sweating or swimming.
- Make sure not to inhale the zinc oxide. Use a mask if necessary!
- Remove the non-nano zinc oxide and this makes an excellent lotion recipe!
*Raspberry seed oil offers UVA + UVB protection like titanium dioxide with an approximate
28-50 SPF protection factor against UVB rays and 8 SPF against UVA rays. It is not suggested to use red raspberry seed oil by itself as your sun protection for a full day in the sun due to its low UVA coverage.
*Red raspberry seed oil may be all you need to protect your skin from everyday, minimal sun exposure. But for extended sun exposure a natural mineral sunscreen with non-nano zinc oxide as the active ingredient is recommended.
Catalina is an Advance Ayurvedic Wellness Practitioner, specializing in Ayurvedic massage, Marma therapy and Body Energetic treatments. If you haven’t tried an Ayurvedic massage yet, now is the perfect time to reset your system and treat yourself. To learn more, contact Catalina at 905-940-2727 or send her an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
To book your appointment, please call the clinic at 905-940-2727.