Symptoms associated with wireless technology are diverse and include:
- Neurological: headaches, migraines, dizziness, nausea, difficulty concentrating, decrease in memory, irritability, anxiety, fatigue
- Cardiac: pain or pressure in the chest, low or high blood pressure, changes in heart rate
- Respiratory: sinus infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma
- Metabolic: digestive problems, thyroid issues, decreased sexual function and/or infertility, adrenal fatigue, problems regulating blood sugar
- Other symptoms: skin rashes, burning in the eyes, deteriorating vision, nosebleeds, ringing in the ears, vertigo, sleep disturbances, numbness, dehydration, electrolyte imbalances, bulging veins in the hands
- Other conditions: multiple chemical sensitivity, increased risk of cancer and/or autoimmune disease, rapid aging syndrome.
1. Avoid Wireless in the Bedroom
- It is important to keep ALL wireless devices out of the bedroom. Wireless technology can disrupt sleeping and the body's ability to heal.
- It is important to not have your cellphone or wireless tablet near you when you sleep. If you must have it in your bedroom - for example when you are travelling - put it on airplane mode or turn it off completely.
- If you need an alarm clock, choose one that is wired.
2. Keep Wireless Away from Children and Pregnant Mothers
- Children are very susceptible to the harmful impact of wireless technology. Their skulls are thinner than adults and their brains are still developing which can result in the radiation penetrating deeper into their developing brains. There is growing concern that wireless technology is contributing to ADD, ADHD, anxiety and proper development of children.
- Keep cell phones and tablets away from small children other than in an emergency.
- If you are pregnant, avoid wireless devices. Don't put tablets or any other wireless device on the belly.
- Replace wireless baby monitors and other wireless devices with wired devices.
3. Keep All Wireless Devices Off The Body
- When it comes to wireless technology it is helpful to remember the simple rule, "Distance is your friend". Do NOT carry any wireless device, such as a cell phone or iPhone, on any part of your body. That is, don't carry your cell phone in pocket, in your bra or waist band. If you have to carry them on your body, it is important to power them 100% off even if you don't intend to use your phone.
- When speaking on your phone use the speakerphone mode positioned as far away from you as possible. The electromagnetic field (radiation impact) is one-fourth the strength at a distance of two inches and fifty times lower at three feet. Text messaging is a better option than a phone call.
- Avoid personal "wearable" wireless device, such as wireless earpieces, smart watches and Bluetooth devices.
4. Limit Your Exposure In Your Home
- One of the biggest exposures to wireless technology in the home is cordless phones. Replace cordless phones with wired ones and use your wired phone as much as possible. Consider forwarding your cell phone to your wired home phone when you are at home. Corded landlines have no radiation emissions and are the best choice.
- Replace wireless home Wi-Fi with wired options. Consider turning off the wireless technology in your home at night. Ensure the router for your home Wi-Fi is away from high-use and sleeping areas.
- Limit your exposure to wireless devices such as e-readers, wireless games, wireless keyboards, speakers, microphones etc.
- Opt out of smart meters. If possible, keep your analog utility meter or request its return.
5. Avoid Using Your Cell Phone When the Signal is Weak
- When the signal is weak the amount of electromagnetic radiation is significantly higher as the phone or device repeatedly attempts to connect to the nearest network antenna.
- Signals are weakest when you are in a remote area or when moving at high speed, such as in vehicles (car, bus, train or airplane) and elevators. In metal enclosures, such as cars or trains, the metal reflects the electromagnetic waves increasing your exposure. Avoid using your cell phone or wireless devices in these environments.
- Wi-Fi is an important threat to human health. Environmental Research. Elsevier.
- Canadians For Safe Technology: www.C4ST.org
- Environmental Health Trust: https://ehtrust.org/
- Electromagnetic Pollution Illnesses Canada Foundation: www.iexistworld.org
- The International EMF Scientist Appeal: www.EMFscientist.org
- Physicians for Safe Technology: www.mdsafetech.org
- The BioInitiative Report and Updates: www.BioInitiative.org
To book an appointment at Naturopathic Foundations Health Clinic please contact us at 905-940-2727.